LAS VEGAS — Fire investigators say a rooftop fire that sent smoke into upper floors of a Las Vegas Strip resort was caused by the malfunction of a cooling unit.
New vacation necessity: professional photographer?
With friends and family increasingly scrutinizing vacation photos via Facebook, some travelers are hiring professional photographers to capture lasting memories of their trip.
- Hotel replaces Bibles with 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Virgin America employees getting a makeover
- 5 sweet spas that cater to kids
- Slideshow: London calling
- New vacation necessity: professional photographer?
The fire atop the 36-story Treasure Island resort was quickly doused at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Medics checked 14 people at the scene, but Clark County spokeswoman Stacey Welling says no one was hospitalized and no serious injuries were reported.
Fire officials found the malfunction was in a swamp cooler that uses evaporating water to cool air being drawn into the hotel.
The cause was ruled an accident.
Welling says firefighters could see smoke on the 36th floor after it was evacuated, and some smoke was detected on other floors.
Damage is estimated at about $20,000.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.